Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Grocery Day Today


No, we didn't go to the beach today. But I sure would've liked to have been there! This is a picture of 2 of my kids, the oldest (Kym) and the youngest (Kyle). This was taken a few years ago. Kym had just had David a few months before. She has lost so much weight and looks incredible now, not that she didn't look incredible before mind you. She is such an inspiration to me to work on myself. I tried finding a recent picture of her already on my computer, but couldn't, so I will post one another day. Yes, Kyle is 6 foot 7 inches tall. He isn't grumpy in the picture, he and Kym were cutting up with the way they were posing for me.

Today Jerry and I went grocery shopping. We have a freezer that we like to keep well stocked. I freeze my pasta, beans, rice, flour, sugars, powdered milk, veggies, fruits, and meats. I double bag the pasta, beans, rice, and baking supplies just to keep the moisture out.

Since Jerry and I have begun our diet (er, new lifestyle I mean), I divide our meats up into 2 portion sizes. This way when I make a meal I only make enough for us to have 1 serving each. We are not tempted to overeat then. It is really great and sure makes our grocery dollars stretch even further - instead of making our waists stretch even more!

The bad part is it takes a whole day to grocery shop, then come home and divide everything up to be frozen. When I get finished at the end of the day, though, I feel really good that I have accomplished making us healthier physically and keeping us within our budget.

No comments: