Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sweet May Smells


Today is a little warmer than yesterday, nothing unbearable, I have all the windows open in the house and the birds are out singing. We have a few fans going inside to circulate the air. The biplanes are flying over once again today and I am loving it.

Except..... Jerry and I must have eaten something for dinner last night that made us sick. Both of us woke up during the night not feeling so hot. So today we have done absolutely nothing. We even forgot to watch the Preakness to see which horse won (I just peaked, Rachel Alexandra won. You go girl! She was the only filly among all those boys). We have been reading all day. It is nice sometimes to just lay around and let the fan blow on you while the birds sing outside and read. I love to read. Jerry is more of a tv watcher, but he picked up that Weight Watchers book I checked out of the library yesterday and has not put it down. He is almost done with the whole book.

And guess what??? --- all the things I have tried to tell him about dieting, he is reading in the book and acting like it is the first time he ever heard it. No use arguing, just say "Wow, honey, that is a good idea, we need to be doing that!" It saves your voice for another time, trust me.

The jasmine are in full bloom now and boy, are they smelling good. I wish they would last all season instead of just a few short weeks. I took these pictures yesterday. This winter it will be nice to look at them and remember how sweet they smelled.

No comments: