Thursday, June 25, 2009

Boys And Their Racing Machines



When I lived in Iowa we used to like to drive out to the Amish Country near Waterloo. One Sunday afternoon I was so surprised to see two teenage boys racing their buggies on the dirt road. Why was I so amazed at that? Boys have been racing the family vehicle when Mom and Dad weren't looking since the beginning of time, haven't they? No matter what generation or what mode of travel, boys have always loved to challange each other. It is something God ingrained in the male gene when He created Adam. Whether they are challanging each other in a race, in sports, or pitting brain against brain, our men never outgrow this aspect of their childhood. Jerry and his friend Bruce have been friends since they were 9 years old, over 50 years now. And they are still challanging each other. I know, I just spent lunch with them at Black Angus today.


No comments: