Friday, June 12, 2009

Just Taking a Leisurely Drive

One of the things I love doing is going for drives. I am lucky to have a husband who likes to do the same thing. We just get in the car and go wherever the car takes us. Most women I know are looky-loos like me. We like to see how other people have their yards and houses fixed up. If it is dusk and someone forgot to draw their shades or curtains we are even more happier because we get to peek inside to see how others decorate their houses. Call it nosey, call it being a woman. Our husbands should be happy we are so easily entertained. Other than the price of gas and us repeatedly saying "Slow down so I can see..." - at least we are not asking for anything expensive!



I also love looking at other people's blogs when they post pictures of houses, street views, their family photos, barnyard photos, and garden photos. I love to see what the scenary looks like in other places here in the U.S. It helps to satisfy my traveling gene.



Today Jerry had a client he had to do some paperwork for, so I tagged along. Afterwards we went for a drive around several neighborhoods near where we were. I took quite a few pictures of street scenes and some beautiful houses. I will be posting them off and on in the future. I hope you enjoy being nosey as much as I do!


There is nothing like driving down a quiet street that has lots of trees and well kept yards. We rolled down the windows in the car and inhaled the luscious smells of the blooming flowers. You know how the thought of a mug of hot soup while you are curled up in a overstuffed chair with a soft glowing lamp on is comforting in the wintertime?... driving around hearing the birds chirping, smelling the flowers and seeing yards that have been loved gives me the same kind of comfortable feeling in the spring.



Don't you just love this purple tree? I don't know what it is called, but I see alot of them around here. As it loses the purple flowers it begins to turn green. Oh if only we were still using horse and buggies, we could even go slower and take all the views in more leisurely! If I wasn't so afraid of dogs I wouldn't mind strolling through different neighborhoods all over the county. Now that would make walking not a chore but a pleasure if you got to visit different areas everyday.

No comments: