Thursday, August 20, 2009

Lost And Found

lamesacahouse7june1209

I just wanted to let everyone know we are both ok – sorry I haven’t been writing everyday again.  I am taking the next few weeks to clean the house top to bottom -  which is an all day project.  (And no, that is not my house in the picture, but it is a really pretty house.  I love their landscaping).  By the time evening rolls around I am collapsing in the recliner in the living room.  

For about 5 days I worked on unpacking 14 boxes still stacked in this office that I had not finished since we moved here.  They were boxes full of paperwork – things that needed to be filed, magazines, etc.  Little tiny pieces of paper, too.

Today I am working on sorting through all my sewing patterns – opening each one up and making sure all the pieces are in there.  I am writing down any missing pieces on a post-it note and attaching it to the outside of the envelope.  I have about 5 big boxes of patterns I am working through. 

I almost had a cry a little bit ago.  I finished the last of the children’s patterns and remembered I had not come across my favorite antique pattern.  I had bought this pattern while living in Iowa, it was the first old pattern I ever bought.  I loved it and made a pair of PJs from red and white striped flannel for Kyle when he was about a year and half old.   I loved the little drop drawer in the back. 

mccallsdropdrawerpatternsize4

I was ready to start crying, when I found it in a different box of older kids patterns.  Whew!

No comments: