Friday, November 20, 2009

New Kitchen Windows

nov2009kitchenwindows 003

We are working our way around the house.  Today Dad and Paul put in the new kitchen windows.  I made a big crock pot of chili so we would not be in their way at all today.

nov2009kitchenwindows 004

I am amazed that we do not have a ton of flies in the house today seeing as they had lots of room to come into the kitchen by!  In fact, I have not seen one fly at all in the house.  Unlike in the Midwest when it gets too cold for them after a certain time of year, they are year round here in warm Southern California.

nov2009kitchenwindows 005

The dining room windows look great from the outside.  We have so much work to do on the house…. little by little it is getting done.  The big gray patch is where Dad had to tear out the wall to get to the kitchen pipes that needed replacing.   Another project after painting the interior of the house will be to restucco the outside. 

nov2009kitchenwindows 006

My Dad is going to be 78 years old at the end of this month and he gets up bright and early every morning and works all day still.  He is my hero.  He can run circles around me.

nov2009kitchenwindows 007

Yes!  the new windows on the front half of the house are finished.  Dad and Paul will take the weekend off and on Monday the goal is to put in our new bedroom windows.  My goal this weekend is to get the living room, dining room and kitchen furniture and nic nacs put back into place! 

I hope you have a terrific weekend!

No comments: