Saturday, June 20, 2009

Laughter Really is The Best Medicine

1979
My Mom age 42 and my son Jeff age 4 months

A day without laughter is a day wasted

Charlie Chaplin


What makes you laugh? What causes you to lose it, and just laugh so hard you are glad you didn't drink a bunch of water earlier?


Laughter is good exercise for the soul and for the body. When you have a real good belly laugh, it releases tension and stress in your body. I read that the average person laughs 17 times a day. How about you? Did you know that the act of laughing uses the same kind of skills that are used in solving problems? For humans, laughter is a natural thing. Laughter increases blood flow to the heart by expanding the tissues to the heart which reduces the risk of heart disease.



1982
my daughter Bonnie age 7 months


Stress reduces the body's ability to fight disease. When you laugh, your body releases chemicals similar to those released when you exercise. Anyone who has been under stress knows that if they take a walk they feel better, the stress seems to be left outside in the dust when they return home.


I have a friend that when she calls me we just roll on the floor laughing so hard over the corniest things. It helps to make whatever drama is going on in either of our lives less of a headache. Thank you, Jane!


As Christians, we sometimes take life way to seriously. God gave us humor. He gave us funny bones. And He gave us muscles in our face that produce a gorgeous smile. I don't believe God wants us to walk around like we just ate the most sourest lemon on the tree.


1979
Jeff age 4 months

My son Jeff has the most wonderful laugh. When he was a baby he would get such a belly laugh going you couldn't help but join in. I love to hear him laugh even today.


While you are counting how many glasses of water you drink each day
- be sure to get in your 17 moments of laughing, too!!!



1981

My sister Cindy age 19, Bonnie 1 month and Jeff age 2


Yesterday was my sister Cindy's birthday. Jerry sang 'Happy Birthday' to her and we wished her a great day. I was going to post it on the blog yesturday, but by the time we got home from the doctor's office, I was in a state of shock over my own health!




Happy belated Birthday


Cindy!

No comments: