Thursday, June 4, 2009

Organizing My Recipes



Today I have been working with my two cooking software programs that I bought back in 2001. The Mastercook program I have been using all this time, but the Cook'n I just today broke down and learned how to use it - and it was really simple once I figured it out. I have over 200 cookbooks and I am trying to be more organized with my recipes. I love these programs because you can create your own cookbooks and each recipe you enter can be filed under a category. So no more staring at the bookshelf of cookbooks wondering where to start for breakfast, dinner or supper. I just have to go to one of these programs and type in, say, "chicken" and a whole list of chicken recipes will come up. Each recipe also has the nutritional analysis, so I can tell how many calories or carbs it contains with a simple click of my mouse. My only question, which I can't seem to find an answer to, is how many recipes can I enter before I run out of space???


No comments: