Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Antique Jewelry

 

antiquejewlrey082609 003

I love antique jewelry.  I love jewelry period, but there is just something timeless about a piece that is older than me.   Isn’t this blue and silver necklace pretty?

antiquejewlrey082609 005

Today my Mom and two sisters and I went out for lunch at a nice little restaurant called “The Downtown Cafe” here in town.  It is in one of the original stores that was on Main Street here in El Cajon from way back in the early 1900s. 

antiquejewlrey082609 010

They have good food that is served to you in a large, flat, black metal basket.  I had the Santa Fe Burger – with guacamole, green chili peppers and jalapeno peppers.  You get a side of French Fries – the yummy, crunchy kind; and a side of perfect coleslaw for about $8.

antiquejewlrey082609 012

After lunch, we walked to the corner antique store.  Oh, drool, drool, drool.  I loved the displays of table settings and dining furniture; quilts, patio pieces, and bathroom decor.  They had several picture frames surrounding a cloth background with so many beautiful antique lapel pins attached to the cloth.  Oh, decisions, decisions.  I couldn’t pick just one, so I bought these 5 items.  I paid $47 for all 5, and that included El Cajon’s 10% sales tax (ouch!)

antiquejewlrey082609 017 

Sorry the pictures are a bit fuzzy.  I tried to get up close shots so you could see some of the fine details that I found so charming.  This white pin is a tulip, really. 

Jerry is gone for the day.  I was supposed to be going to Catherine’s and buying a couple new ‘foundation’ items, buy 2, get 1 free type of deal.  And a new blouse. 

Oh, but I couldn’t pass these little lovelies up. 

So, when he comes home this evening, I will begin with - “Since Mom paid for my lunch, and it would’ve cost me $50 for the two undergarments…. well… I decided since I am losing weight, I won’t be able to wear the two undergarments forever, but I could wear these jewelry pieces the rest of my life…. so I didn’t go to Catherine’s…..”

No comments: