Wednesday, August 5, 2009

August Dog Days

7spanishlanding52509

Yes, it was hot here again today.  I know other people in the desert and other Southern and Southwest states probably have it worse because they are either in the 100s or suffering with humidity.  At least we had no humidity today with mid 90s.

We bought a new screen door at Lowe’s the other day and Jerry and my Dad went to pick it up today.  I don’t know all the details, but somehow the door was damaged while the store worker was bringing it to them.  So…..  we have to wait a couple of weeks while the new one they ordered comes in.  Sigh. 

So we took my parents out to lunch today.  It’s been a few weeks since we all went to Hometown Buffet.  Dad has been helping move school buildings the past few days in San Diego.  It was nice to sit and visit with him and Mom for a couple of hours today – inside with air conditioning.  I sat on Mom’s front porch the other evening and we had a nice visit, but it was muggy that night.  Funny thing about here in the East County of San Diego, it rains in the mountains just a hop, skip and a jump east of us, but all we get is the mugginess!  November through February is our rainy months – if we get rain, we are in a 10 year drought I think the news was saying.

This evening we are meeting our friends, Bruce and Lawren, at the Red Lobster for dinner.  One thing I know for sure that I am having is at least one of their cheese biscuits.  Yum!

The picture above was taken at Spanish Landing here in San Diego on Memorial Day when we had a picnic there with Bruce, Lawren and another friend, Randy.  Doesn’t that water look so refreshing, like you just want to jump in and get cooled down.  I remember when we went that day it was really cool and I forgot to bring a jacket, brrrr. 

Silly me…. I forgot to bottle that cool air and keep it to open on a day like today. 

No comments: