Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Congratulations Helen Phillips!



I don't have a picture to go with today's topic, but views like this make me want to get healthy so I can enjoy walking around the walking paths on the various little islands in the San Diego Bay. This is the marina off of Shelter Island.


Today I want to congratulate Helen Phillips of The Biggest Loser. She lost 140 pounds, and she is 48 years old!!!! Now is that motivation for me or what?!! I do not watch the show, but my daughter sent me an article she found on the web. I looked at Mrs. Phillips' before and after pictures and guess what? She does not have any arm flab slapping around under her arms. That is one of my biggest fears, that and once all the fat is gone from my face I will suddenly have a ton of wrinkles. Yikes! This is why I plan on losing weight at 2 pounds a week. Anything faster and my skin will not have a chance to adjust with my shrinking body and then that is when people end up with sags and bags everywhere once the weight is gone. I am sure I will have some sags and bags, but not as much as I would if I tried to be unreasonable with my weightloss goals.


Jerry worked some around the yards today and did some walking. I am a little under the weather. Nothing serious. But no stamina to do much. I did some reading today and the dishes. Oh, and one load of laundry.


When you look at the picture above, can't you just feel the cool ocean breeze, hear the seagulls calling and the water laping against the docked boats?




No comments: